In late 2015, Hootsuite declared video to be the top trend of 2016. The trend has only continued to grow, with the other networks – like Facebook and Instagram – introducing real-time stories to their portfolio of products, Nevertheless, Snapchat continues to be the platform of choice for sharing real-time stories. Remember – cater your content to each platform’s unique audience. We’re here to share some of the best classic and brand-new Snapchat #hacks. Read on to learn more!
1. Simultaneous filters – You’re able to up to 3 filter simultaneously. Once you’ve applied a color filter, hold down with one finger to add another (and then another). For example, you could apply the black-and-white color filter, a location filter and a time filter all at once.
2. Geo-filters – Creating your own geo-filter is super easy! Head to the Geo-filters section of the website to create a custom personal or business geo-filter from a series of templates or download the template toolkit to design your own filter using your favorite design program. If you don’t have experience in design programs, try out Canva! As we’ve mentioned previously, a Snapchat geo-filter’s dimensions are 1080 x 1920. Visit Snapchat’s Submission Guidelines for more info and check out this blog post we shared about how to set up a geo-filter to learn more.
3. Group chat – Create a group Snapchat the same way you’d create a private message. Create a group Snap by adding up to 16 friends. The message remains available for 24 hours but will disappear automatically once you’ve left the group.
4. Stickers – Use your own photos to create custom stickers! Snap a photo and then tap on the scissors tool in the upper right-hand corner (just above the time feature) to cut an image and create a sticker. Then share your Snap as you normally would.
6. Custom Stories – Snapchat recently announced a new Custom Story feature, in which a group of friends can individually upload Stories to create a custom group story. The story can be customized for users to choose viewers, location and more.
Any hacks we’re missing? Let us know and share them in the comments!
• Mashable Snapstory